Annunciation Orthodox School, having grown from a ministry of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, celebrates the diverse and individual qualities of all children and their families. AOS provides a superior education in a secure and stimulating Christian environment which encourages the individual child to achieve academic, spiritual, emotional, social and physical excellence, and to become a responsible member of our society.
Annunciation Orthodox School is committed to:
- High standards for academic achievement
- A school culture that allows the whole child to develop and enjoy emotional health and well being
- Spiritual and moral guidance from an Orthodox Christian perspective that focuses on values and instills a feeling of joy, respect and confidence
- Professional and competent business operations
- Contributing to the social, cultural and economic well being of the Houston community
- Promoting physical health and education, athletics and the values of good sportsmanship and team spirit at all levels.
Annunciation Orthodox School believes that diversity enriches a school community. We respect racial, cultural, ethnic, physical, religious, socioeconomic, and philosophical differences in our students, faculty, administration and families. We celebrate our individuality and encourage a climate of mutual interest and respect, in accordance with our Christian values. Our commitment to diversity prepares our students to interact and communicate effectively with a spirit of understanding and compassion in an increasingly global society.
Annunciation Orthodox School, a non-profit, private institution, strives to maintain a school environment based on Christian principles and embraces a student body and a faculty from diverse backgrounds. An equal opportunity admissions and hiring policy is maintained.
Annunciation Orthodox School encourages students to reason and to think creatively and independently within a nurturing and supportive environment, offers a challenging and stimulating academic curriculum,
encourages social responsibility within the community and involvement in school activities, chooses faculty and staff who stimulate intellectual development and encourage emotional, social, spiritual, and physical growth, acknowledges the importance of religious faith and offers the opportunity for spiritual growth and expression, recognizes the importance of the family in the educational process, and promotes and encourages patriotism.